At one of our stops, I saw a sign on two hot pots, Boiled Peanuts. Of course, I just had to try them. (The lady in the store thought that I was from another planet because I had never had boiled peanuts.) To me, they tasted a lot like cooked pin
Craig's editorial...they tasted nasty and smelled even worse.
We visited Tybee Island east of Savannah, and then headed north. I found myself fascinated by the swampyness of much of the w
ooded areas on the sides of the road. I kept thinking that this would not be a place I would want to hike. We had an opportunity to spend some time walking around Charleston, South Carolina
and found
it charming. I especially found the place where the slave auctions was conducted....sad. It is now a big market place, but my mind wondered as I looked at the huge building close to the port. We stayed in Myrtle Beach which is a major beach town, but since the weather is a bit cold and windy, it didn't seem so hopping.
As a footnote, we have now completed 22 days of our trip, and have over 5200 miles on the odometer, so we're about half way. We also have over 2000 pictures, so you might want to have a few excuses on hand in case you are invited to come on over and "see a few pictures of our trip"!
No comments:
Post a Comment