Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Grace, David, Craig, and I had a nice Easter morning breakfast at the hotel and then attended a wonderful Sacrament Meeting at the Alexandria 2nd Ward. The music was especially wonderful and the whole program very inspirational and a great way to start our Easter. (The Sunday School teacher gave an exceptional lesson.

















We then headed north through Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and into New York. We needed to take Grace to her apartment in Manhattan so Craig and I followed David on a wild ride through the streets of Manhattan. Craig and I have been in terrible traffic before, not nothing could compare to approaching Manhattan-----horrible traffic is an understatement. Trying to keep up with David as we wove in an out of traffic, barely missing the crazy taxi drivers, and always looking out for the pedestrians (the traffic lights in Manhattan appear to just be a suggestion for pedestrians) and not having a clue where we would turn next was quite a ride---scarier than any ride at any amusement park I have ever been in. Thanks to David, we did all arrive safe and sound and we plan to stay in David's apartment in the Bronx for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hmm, I think we had a conversation about driving in NY.