11 years ago
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Cape Cod
A brisk walk way out on the boardwalk over the bog to the Atla
ntic was a great way to start our day. (I told Craig that one of these boardwalks would be perfect at Bear Lake.) As we wound our way through the Cape, the houses really are all Cape Cod style as are most of the buildings. They must have some really strict building code
s to protect the ambiance of the area. We made a quick stop at the Green
Briar Nature Center and jam Kitchen which honors the author Thornton W. Burgess, (He wrote Peter Rabbit among many other books.)and we saw a cranberry bog on our way to Provinc
etown on the northeast tip of Cape Cod. Provincetown is a major summer destina
tion and full of
shops, restaurants, etc. We also lea
rned that
the Pilgrims first landing was here. Returning from the Cape, I really wanted to see the famous Plymouth Rock in Plymouth and it was even more underwelmi
ng than I remember it from before. It really is not very big, but its signifigance is huge, so it is well protected. We decided to stay here in Plymouth and are staying just a cou
ple of blocks from the Rock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I thought Beatrix Potter wrote Peter Rabbit???
Yup, just checked Wikipedia on that. Apparently he and an artist friend 'borrowed' Peter Rabbit from Beatrix Potter. What ever that means.
Post a Comment