It was raining so hard that it felt like we were in a monsoon. The thunder would boom and dark clouds hovered so low that it was almost like nightime and where did we head in all that rain barely able to read the road signs? The Epcot Center!!!! I am definitely not a weather wimp, but I was a little worried today as we headed for Epcot. When we arrived in the parking lot, I wondered how we were going to get even to the entrance without getting drenched. (I figured we could buy a poncho once we got in the park.) We headed for the first inside line and within maybe a hour or so, the rain stopped, the sun came out and it was a fabulous day from then on. Epcot really is the dream field trip for any teacher or parent. It seemed like every aspect of the park had something to teach. Honestly this park was enriching, educational, scientific and totally devoted to the earth and those on it. We saw a wonderful aquarium, an advanced garden using many modern techniques, robots, etc. Craig's favorite ride was Mission:Space, a simulated flight to mars where he could really feel the G forces. My super hate ride was that same ride and I not only felt very ill during the flight, but shook for about half ho
ur after I got off the ride---hated every single minute. We both really liked Road Test as well.
Craig and I both especially loved a second part
of Epcot, almost a separate park, called World showcase
. It highlighted 11 different countries and had shops, foods, buildings, and other attractions centered around the countries theme. We actually spent over 12 hours at th
is park and we are exhausted!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment