Not to let a good day of riding go to waste we decided to turn around and head back to Victoria and then drive to a place that was on Craig's must see list-----Port Renfrew. Port Renfrew is directly across from Neah Bay, Washington on the Olympic Peninsula and between these two areas all the ships coming to Seattle, Vancouver, etc. must pass. The trip started off great, but the wild ride began as the road narrowed sometimes where only one car could pass at a time. There was more and more snow on the sides of the road and we were in the deep, dark, forest. Think Twilight! Actually I kept thinking about the movie and I realized that this was right across from the Olympic Peninsula, where Twilight takes place. I could envision Edward and his family hunting in this area. The road kept going and going--parts had been washed away. Then we saw this this big black plume of smoke and we saw the flames of a car which was obviously burning up. We waited there for quite some time and finally the fire department came and put out the fire and we once again were on our way. It was definitely starting to get dark. Just at sunset, we FINALLY arrived at Port Renfrew! It is pristine country and magnificently beautiful. For Craig it was worth the "Mad Hatter Ride". For me, I'm not so sure.
11 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like a bad dream to me!
Post a Comment