Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 2 Vancouver











We walked down to the waterfront and back and I had the absolutely most delicious hot chocolate that I have ever had---from a place called Chocolate Mink. It honestly made me think of the movie "Chocolat". We made a great breakfast and headed out for the day. We got in our car and crossed the bridge to Granville Island to wander around the Public Market. We found some of the most beautiful fruits, vegetables and treats we have ever seen---the lemon mousse and chocolate eclair just called to us. It was fun to browse through the shops and admire some of the Canadian art work. (We did purchase an Olympic pin for the 2010 Winter Olympics which will be held here.) Then off to Stanley Park. It is a huge park and we did stop to see the totem pole displays. I was real excited to see the totem poles and read about them after teaching about totem poles for so many years. The weather has been real nice today and so before the rain started up again we decided we would head for the Capilano suspension Bridge. I was a little afraid at the thought of walking across a 450 foot long suspension bridge 230 feet, above the river but I wanted to give it a try. I survived and the scenery was gorgeous. We took in a few more sights and then programmed Emily to find us a seafood restaurant as Craig really wanted some good Vancouver salmon. After a bit of a goose chase we ended up back at the condo and checking with the desk as to where to go. Craig did get his salmon.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you guys are having a really nice time!!

Tiffany said...

I walked across the Capilano suspension bridge when we went there. Dan is afraid of heights and it made him too nervous :) Sounds like fun.